SLAB CITY COMMUNITY GROUP INC.
A California Public Benefit Corporation
1. The name of this Corporation is SLAB CITY COMMUNITY GROUP Inc.
2. a. This corporation is a nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for public purposes and for charitable purposes.
b. The purpose of the Corporation shall be: to provide education and charity for Slab City Residents by:
i. allowing affordable living space to low income, moderate income,
elderly, and or disabled residents of Slab City;
ii. address the systemic source of homelessness, locally and globally by providing education about living off the grid, (without the need to be connected to power plants), including encouraging and providing education about local ecological land stewardship, and permaculture agricultural practices;
iii. developing and encouraging local artistic projects;
iv. promoting and providing education and information about civic engagement;
v. providing education and encouragement to Slab City Residents to
participate in the economic redevelopment and stability in Imperial
SERVICE OF PROCESS
3. The name and address in the State of California of this corporation’s initial agent for service of process:
a. William Ammon
b. 1003 Low Road, Niland, California, 92257
4. The Corporate physical address is:
a. 1003 Low Road, Niland, CA 92257
b. The mailing address is: PO Box 984, Niland, CA, 92257
5. a. This corporation is organized and operated exclusively for the purposes set forth in Article 2a hereof within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code
b. No substantial part of the activities of this corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and this corporation shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
c. The property of this corporation is irrevocably dedicated to the purposes in Article 2a hereof and no part of the net income or assets of this corporation shall ever inure to the benefit of any director, officer or member thereof or to the benefit of any private person.!
d. Upon the dissolution or winding up of this corporation, its assets remaining after payment, or provision for payment, of all debts and liabilities of this corporation shall be distributed to a nonprofit fund,founding or corporation which has established its tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501©(3).
The names of the persons appointed to act as the initial Directors of this corporation are:
Dated at Slab City, California, this 20th day of October, 2013.